Sunday, December 20, 2009

Museum of history

Yesterday was our first day touring around Hong Kong. After sorting out some business with laundry, we hit up a small restaurant that had pictures of familiar breakfast selections on the window. I was hoping for eggs and toast. Somehow, I got stuck with two hot dogs and a bowl of macaroni stew. Oh well. For the most past, it was good.

Then we went to the musuem of history of Hong Kong. Though I don't generally love hanging out in museums, this one was very good. Now I know all about HK. The next 40 years of HK history are going to be exciting as we wait until China restablishes its rule on the city. I can't say that I am looking forward to seeing what happens.




After a good indian food dinner, we went through the Kowloon night market. There are a ton of cheap items for sale and it was pretty fun to spend a couple of hours wasting time seeing all the merchandise.



Hong Kong doesn't seem to be a large culture shock. Almost everyone we run into speaks English. The food is really imbalanced towards seafood, but we have found good food so far. Liz is giving up her vegetaranism for the trip, but I think I might become vegetarian for the duration of the trip because I get more food I like when I don't know what I am getting, but do know that it is not meat.

2 comments: